If you’re looking to take a holiday for the 4th of July, consider a bed and breakfast in Ashland, WI! In Ashland, we celebrate a traditional 4th of July. With a large parade, walk, softball game, concert and more, Ashland can be your go-to destination for this holiday weekend. While you’re in town, stay at Second Wind Country Inn for a relaxing and accommodating stay, and check out the following events happening in Ashland over this 4th of July:
- Raffle: Proceeds from the raffle go to support Ashland’s 4th of July fireworks. The drawing is held on July 4th at 1 p.m. at the Neighborly Bar. The winner of the raffle receives half the pot! You can get tickets at the Ashland Chamber and the Neighborly Bar—they cost $5 for one or $20 for six.
- Parade: The parade will begin at 11 a.m. in downtown Ashland on Historic Main Street. Food options include the Lion’s Club Brat Stands from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in two locations, including the courthouse lawn, and Moore’s on Main.
- Cookout: The cookout will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the co-op parking lot. $3 vegan and meat brats will be available during the parade, and children under 12 get a free Cheeky Monkey snack.
- Cemetery walk: The parade will be followed by the Ashland Historical Society Cemetery Walk from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at St. Agnes Cemetery. In the event of rain, the alternate site will be Our Lady of the Lake Social Hall.
- Baseball game: The Merchants will play Washburn at 2 p.m. at Pufall Field in Hodgkins Park for the Upper 13 Baseball League.
- Concert: The Chequamegon Bay Concert Band will play at Memorial Park at 8 p.m. If it rains, you can expect the concert to be moved to Northland College’s Alvord Theatre.
- Fire run: The annual Fire Run will take place at 9:30 p.m.
- Fireworks: After the Fire Run, you will be able to watch fireworks over the Chequamegon Bay. They’ll be shot off of the C. Reiss Coal Dock across from the Plaza Park.
- Surrounding areas: Areas surrounding Ashland will also be having 4th of July celebrations. In Glidden, there will be a parade, merry-go-round, food and fireworks, as well as the Historical Museum open house. In Madeline Island, there will be a parade and ceremony with music on the lawn of the Madeline Island Museum, as well as fireworks at 10 p.m. In Mellen, there will be a five-mile and two-mile Bell Ringer Run at 8 a.m., as well as a pie social, parade at noon, hula hoop and pie eating contest and baseball game. Mellen will also have fireworks at dusk.
While you’re in town, there’s no better place to stay than Second Wind Country Inn, a comfortable bed and breakfast in Ashland, WI. We offer guests the perfect setting to kick back, relax and recharge. You can wake up in the country close to nature, head into Ashland for the 4th of July celebrations and come back for a peaceful evening. Book your reservation today!
Categorised in: Bed & Breakfasts